Resource Library« Back to Search Results
The SOUTHEAST NEBRASKA DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT (SENDD) is a voluntary association of counties and municipalities formed under the Nebraska Interlocal Cooperation Act to identify common problems, their solutions and to provide continuing support for efficient and effective government among its members.
SENDD Membership includes the Counties (and their participating communities) of: Cass, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, and York.
In order to fulfill its mission, SENDD staff has provided the following services, usually in response to members concerns:
- General Governmental Contact and Liaison: Federal and State Agencies
- Grant Writing: Governmental grant and loan programs, including: USDA-RD, CDBG, WR&RIG, DOR, NEO, LWCF, NLC, EDA, etc. as well as private foundations including: Kiewit, U.S. West, RWJ and Coryell. The value of funded projects exceeds $422.5 million.
- Business & Industry Financing: SENDD has financial resources in two revolving loan funds (IRP-RLF and RBEG-RLF) which are utilized to make direct loans to new and expanding small business concerns within member political subdivisions. In addition, SENDD currently manages a total of 12 single and multi-community locally capitalized revolving loan funds under special services contracts with those political subdivisions. Project development totals exceeds $287.1 million with job generation of approximately 3,705 jobs created or retained. We also have knowledge of SBA 504 Loans, SBA 7-A Loan Guarantees and CDBG-ED packaging, etc.
- Grant Administration: SENDD has assisted in the development of over 904 successful grant and loan applications since 1980, and when needed aided with their administration.
- Housing Rehabilitation Program Management: Residential and Rental Rehabilitation programs with over 1,815 separate units with a total value of over $77.3 million.
- Special Studies/Plans: Housing Needs Assessment/Marketing Studies, Community Assessment Studies/Surveys, Household Income Surveys, Workforce Availability Studies, etc.
- Financial Packaging: Business loan projects for expansion of existing and development of new businesses for assistance through CDBG, USDA-RD and SBA resources. In providing these services, SENDD has assisted communities and counties in successfully completing an array of infrastructure projects; water distribution systems including storage and supply, storm sewer systems, sanitary sewer collection and treatment systems, street paving, flood and erosion control, solid waste management systems, recycling programs, community and/or senior centers, park and recreation development, rehabilitation of homes and other affordable housing projects, etc. Business financing and packaging projects have also assisted in creating and/or retaining over 3,700 jobs within SENDD member communities and counties.