CEDS Survey for SENDD
21 Oct 2016
SENDD NOW CONDUCTING 5-YEAR CEDS PROCESS
What is a CEDS?
The Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is a locally-based, regionally-driven planning process engaging individuals, organizations, local governments and private industry in meaningful conversation about what capacity building efforts would best serve economic development in the region. The CEDS serves as a blueprint for regional collaboration and economic development that creates an environment conducive to regional economic prosperity.
The Southeast Nebraska Development District (SENDD) is now in the process of preparing the 2017-21 CEDS for our 15-county area. This process is part of our mandate as a “Certified Economic Development District” under the auspices of the Economic Development Administration (EDA), a bureau within the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Steps in the SENDD CEDS Process:
- Identify a Strategy Committee (SENDD Board of Directors and Staff)
- Data Collection
- Conduct Region-wide survey (through October 31, 2016)
- Hold Input Sessions at regional workshops – to be scheduled for November/December 2016, and January/February 2017
- Prepare Final Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Release draft CEDS for 30-day public review & comment – April 1st-30th, 2017
- Adoption by the SENDD Board of Directors and Submittal of the CEDS document to EDA
**If you are a resident of, or representative of an agency/corporation that serves within Cass, Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, or York counties, we encourage and invite you to respond to our survey.
The survey is located at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
The survey will remain open through October 31, 2017. Community and county input meetings are planned for November/December 2016 and January/February 2017. If you would like to host a meeting in your area and/or can provide meeting space, please call or email Judi Meyer, 402-475-2560, firstname.lastname@example.org.