SCC Bond Issue 2016 - NGage Resolution to Support
9 Sep 2016
SCC Bond Issue – NGage Resolution
On November 8, 2016 general election voters will be asked to approve a $369 million bond issue that would aid Southeast Community College (SCC) in funding a series of construction and expansion projects. As part of this bond issue, SCC would invest an estimated $127 million in Beatrice to rebuild and expand the existing campus.
The NGage Executive Committee has voted to endorse the Southeast Community College Bond Issue based on the overall projected impacts both to Beatrice and Gage County and the surrounding 15-county SCC Area.
Expanding and modernizing SCC facilities in Beatrice and at their other campus locations is essential to growing business and industry in this area.
The impact to the Beatrice /Gage County community would be sizable, in both the short-term during the building phases, as well as the long-term through increased student enrollment and assistance in developing a larger qualified workforce.
More specific to Beatrice and Gage County, the bond issue will:
- Add new investment
- The Beatrice Campus new investment is estimated to be $127 million.
- Expand capacity for more students
- Annual enrollment at the Beatrice Campus is in excess of 900 students
- Annual enrollment in target year 2025 is estimated to be 1,974 students if the bond issued is approved
- Develop a more qualified workforce
- Increased capacity to serve more students in existing and new programs on the Beatrice Campus, as well as SCC college-wide.
- More graduates will be prepared to fill the increasing demand of high-skilled jobs
For more information about how the above data was calculated, please review two documents at these urls: www.southeast.edu/institutional-research/home and click on Fact Book, or go to www.southeast.edu/bondissue2016 and click on Complete Facilities Master Plan.