The City of Beatrice is in the center of Gage County and is the county seat, with a population of 12,496. In addition to Gage County's population of 21,806, the community draws from a nine-county adjacent area with available labor force of 214,646. This labor force figure is significant since Lincoln is just 35 miles to the north of Beatrice. With a solid base of manufacturers present and manufacturing history in the community, there is an excellent pool of experienced workforce to draw from.
Roads connecting to Beatrice and the Gage County Industrial Park site are excellent. Interstate 80 is just 39 miles to the north of Beatrice on Highway 77 which is a four lane expressway. Beatrice and Gage County is in the center of the country with great accessibility and outstanding transportation infrastructure here.
Beatrice offers local incentives for businesses that have an interest in moving or growing here. Direct loans or grants are available to qualifying businesses thru the Local Option Municipal Act fund and Community Development Block Grant funds. The county implemented a new fund to be used as needed for businesses interested in this area and tax increment financing is available for improvements.
The Beatrice area community has superb quality of living amenities including an excellent school system, ample recreation venues and activities, including hiking and biking trails, theaters, good medical care with a new state of the art hospital, historical sites and attractions, community celebrations, and many churches. The area is rich in culture and history, as it is the home of the Homestead National Monument.
Click here for the 2016 Beatrice Community Guide.
Recent and significant local investments have been made to:
- The Beatrice Community Hospital opened its new facility on the north edge of Beatrice in February of 2012. In 2016, a $7.2M clinical services expansion was completed.
- A new sports complex near the Beatrice High School facility.
- Recent improvements nearly complete to enhance the Beatrice Public Library facility.
- Restoration in 2012 of the Historic Carnegie Building (housing NGage, the Chamber, and Gage County Tourism offices).
- Renovation and restoration of the Gage County Courthouse.
- A two-phase downtown revitalization project, including street paying, sidewalks, concrete planters and historical lighting along 5th St.
City of Beatrice website www.beatrice.ne.gov
For more detailed information, please click here
Population Growth Rate
Total Housing Units
Median Home Value
Average Home Value
84.10%of US average
Average Commute Time
Work At Home